Craig Ballantyne's ADVANCED Bodyweight Turbulence Training
by Craig Ballantyne
• Workout 3 days per week alternating between workout A and workout B.
• Train intervals 3 days per week. These can be done after strength training or on non-strength training days. Make sure you have at least 1 full rest day per week.
• In week 1, you will follow an A, B, A schedule. In week 2, a B, A, B schedule. In week 3, an A, B, A schedule, and in week 4, a B, A, B schedule.
• Each pair of exercises constitutes a “Superset”. In each Superset, do one set of the first exercise followed immediately by the next (A1 & A2).
– Advanced: Rest as little as possible between exercises and supersets. Rest only to take drinks of water or if whenever you feel like you need a break.
A1) Pushups (3x85%) 1-0-1
A2) Inverted Row (3x80%) 2-0-1
B1) 1-leg Squat (3x90%) 3-0-1
B2) Bicycle Crunch (3x80%) 1-0-1
C1) Bulgarian Split Squat (3x12) 2-1-1
C2) Elevated Pushup (3x80%) 2-0-1
D1) Reaching Lunge (3x12) 2-0-1
D2) Mountain Climbers (3x20) 1-0-1
A1) 1-leg Deadlift (3x15) 2-1-1
A2) Chin-up (3x90%) 3-0-1
B1) Step-ups (3x15) 3-0-1
B2) Slow Pushup (3x90%) 2-2-1
C1) Prisoner Lunge (3x15) 2-2-1
C2) Side Plank (3x30 seconds)
D1) Close-grip Pushups (3x30) 2-0-1
D2) Plank (3x60 seconds)